Quick Start - Plone 2.1
This Tutorial applies to: 2.1
Please Note - It is assumed that you already have a Plone website ready for editing. If you need instructions for downloading and installing Plone, please visit Plone.Org
- Getting Started The first step in using Plone is to login.
- The Plone Interface Learn how to navigate around a Plone-powered website and learn about the different pieces of the Plone interface.
- Editing a Page Here's how you edit an existing page in your Plone site.
- Editing the Body Text Learn what all the icons in your visual editor do.
- Creating Links to Pages, Folders, Other Websites and Email Addresses Here's how create links to things on your site, to another website, and to send an email to someone.
- Adding New Folders and Pages If you feel comfortable editing existing pages, try adding a new page to your site. You may want to create a new folder as well or change the way a folder displays content.
- Placing Images on Pages Learn how to place an image on a webpage
- Managing Images and Files You've seen how to place images and link to files that are already a part of your Plone site. Now learn how to add new images and/or files to your site.
- Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, and Reorder Learn some of the functions of the Contents View to rearrange your content items
- Renaming Learn the proper way to rename content items